Education facilities in full swing…
- Child Care / Kindies at Tower Hill & Waterloo, Kroo Bay school and the Teachers and IT college are all open despite the continuing high levels of Covid-19 infections in this poor community.
- The Teachers and IT college continues to be at full capacity with a vision to refurbish the building to allow for more classrooms and complete the third story.
- The scholarship program continues its vital role in this poor community where many children are unable to pay school fees. The first three graduates…nurse, accountant, and IT graduate…are still employed within the mission.
- A fulltime Child Protection Officer is being recruited for the protection of all children from Orphans, Schools, Football Clubs and Colleges.
Soccer woos students…
Street children from Kindy to University are attracted to the sports programs. The Orthodox Football Club continues to thrive and gain respect in Sierra Leone and throughout West Africa. The benefit to the children from the program is immeasurable in terms of gaining life skills as well as physical and mental health.
Health clinic news…
- Our sponsored Medical Doctor has been appointed by the Government along with 4 other doctors to head the Covid-19 Task Force for all of Sierra Leone.
- Medical supplies from the last container have made it possible to assist many people from the impoverished Kroo Bay community at an interim health clinic. The new health clinic is still to be completed.
Educational Resources needed…
General educational resources, laptop and sport’s boots are still needed at the schools. Extra classrooms at the college will enable students to benefit from the graduates programs.
How can you help?
If you wish to help with this vital work in an impoverished community in Sierra Leone, please just click on the “Donate to this Project” button on the right sidebar. Thank you!