Covid-19 has an Impact
Our Community Centre and Health Education Project, although more welcoming after a little “tender loving care” at the centre, has obviously been affected by the pandemic. Sometimes government rules are not clear and we wonder just exactly what we can do. However I’ve had a couple of opportunities to discuss the project with a national level government department and with a university professor who is conducting research in some of the areas we are interested in.
Coming Three-Month Schedule
- The regular weekly meetings of the English Club with 4-9 people. It’s good to see some new participants to the English Club coming regularly and growing in their language abiity;
- The Source of Hope (Pregnancy Crisis) group (3-4 women) will meet as crises approach: occasionaly they have a consultation or seminar in the office.
- Preparing more university lessons to share on different topics;
- Ongoing research into suicide prevention, especially in an Asian context, with a view to sketching out some more ideas on how to assist in suicide prevention in Kazakhstan;
- Continuing to collect information useful for these lessons.
Your Help is Appreciated
Obviously, once the virus situation slows down or stops the project will be able to be more active and effective. For that reason the restrictions on live, in-person classes, means that university students doing seminar lessons cannot currently proceed.
If you are concerned about Kazakhstan and wish to help us move the programme forward please donate using the project button on this page. Thank you.