Significant key staff changes have impacted heavily on the project leaders, Jun and SoHee, at Bridge of Hope in Cambodia. They are extremely grateful for the provision of a new NGO director and have been busy training this person for the role. This the new director is in transition and waiting for his family to join him in Siem Reap.
To compound this, the current finance manager has had to leave due to family issues. She continues on a very limited basis until the role is replaced.
The program goes on…
Despite all the challenges faced, the BOH school flows through a daily schedule from Monday to Friday…meal supply program, staff meetings, rice sponsorship, soccer time, badminton classes, and Dream School (previously called Dream Library).
- International children’s day excursion on 31st of May •
- House visiting for the families recently connected to BOH is continued by our sincere community care team.
- The special badminton training program with 9 students chosen to participate. It is hoped this stimulate the desire to learn something new to improve their futures.
- A recent court case related to abuse within one of the families has been resolved through the assistance of another NGO. The community team have stood firm despite threats.
- More training for the staff on ‘Identity’… including the importance of embracing ourselves in the middle of disappointing moments and extending this to others even if feeling hurt by them. In future this training will include understanding and improving relationship.
- A medical outreach team from Australia in February was well received. A young student had an extra thumb removed and her hand looks beautiful…she is so thankful!
- The role of project leader (June KIM) has been heavily impacted with the significant staff changes.
- More classroom space is desperately needed especially for grade 2…options include building rooms within current premises or finding rental land nearby. Both options require extra finance support.
- The change of the school break was changed by the government to suit the SEA games schedule requiring changes to the school learning schedule.
You can help…
BOH need your help to provide more classroom space and continue bridging the gaps…providing hope to this community. If you are able to assist, please click on “Donate to this Project” in the right sidebar.
All gifts are tax deductible and will benefit this project in their entirety except for bank fees.