Weathering the extreme cold…
Drop-in bus and Community House are supporting the homeless people and the poorest families through another harsh winter. Sadly, some of their clients have not survived the cold temperatures.
Drop-in Bus News…
- Outreach to two locations: “Bars-Kombinat” and new area “Zuun Ail-Darih”. “Har Horin” location outreach is now run by a local lady serving meals 3 days a week.
- Winter support outreach to poorest families in area “Zuun Ail-Darih” is providing basics for winter survival including coal, food basics and blankets.
- Shower-house days are ongoing with second-hand clothing provided.
- First aid given as needed.
Community House News…
- 3-day training held for their Rehabilitation and Reintegration project.
- “Personal Change Plans” for rehabilitation participants are being finalised.
- Finalisation of interior of smaller ger for the rehabilitation program.
- Family is growing…additional participants from outreach locations for admission and rehabilitation.
- Regular meetings held for ongoing planning, peer-support, and group meetings with participants.
- Participants selling chopped firewood for self-sufficiency.
Small business coffeeshop-ger news…
- 3-day business training held with advisor Bronno Mulder from “Microbusiness”, Netherlands.
- Preparing interior coffeeshop-ger
- Meetings continue with governmental and other non-governmental organisations for cooperation and support and peer support.
- Corrie is on furlough from December 29, 2022, to April 2, 2023.
- Staff member changes…a new family living-in, Bayaraa becoming director, and Buyaa morphing from maintenance worker to social worker.
You can help…
If you wish to support this vital outreach to the homeless and poor in Mongolia, please click on “Donate to this Project” in the right sidebar. Thank you.
All gifts are tax deductible and will benefit this project in their entirety except for bank fees.