Value in outreach…
BOH’s Community Care team have gained valuable insight into the lives of their students by visiting them at home with their families. They have visited about 80% of the families. Most students must work after school while others are alone until their parents finish work. Many are cared for by single parents or grandparents or care for their parent/s. BOHs motto ‘Provide a safe place for children’ is very pertinent.
Schedule of Activities…
- BOH operates from Monday to Friday with meals provided twice a day.
- Rice sponsorship program…distributed to 21 families monthly as fund are available.
- Crisis lifting food package program relies on donations so depends on availability of funds.
- Community care house visits continue each day.
- The monthly ‘Soccer Time’ has become immensely popular with BOH graduates and other village children eager to participate. Most participating students are happier and more active in life in general.
- Badminton classes have commenced monthly to improve skills and provide opportunities.
- Parent meetings still occur monthly, and
- A ‘Funday’ held by BOH was enjoyed by the whole school, and they hope the joy experienced will strengthen them for the future.
Currently they are at full capacity, so their focus is on improving the programme for existing children and community clients. The Community care activity will continue in more earnest. Staff training in basic counselling skills is planned for July 2022.
Financial shortage is our ongoing challenge to support the programmes and to provide a much needed bigger children’s playground for the 125 children as of May 2022. BOH also support 94 families and 16 staff members…some who require support with illnesses.
You can help…
If you wish to assist BOH to continue to provide needed support and food to this impoverished community, please click on “Donate to this Project” in the right sidebar.
All monies donated in their entirety will benefit this project. All donations are tax deductible.