Medical Training in Africa and Asia AFR-010
- Specialist team from Australia operated on 308 women
- Observed and assisted doctors with many more women
- Visited (and revisited) 15 sites in total in 2016 (in 4 countries) to upskill local practitioners and for follow-up continuing education
Library Aid International AFR-011
- 90 different schools in and around Bulawayo, Zimbabwe received books from the last container.
- Over a number of years LAI has sent 4 shipping containers full, approximately 120,000 books, which have gone into more than 160 schools, an Aids Clinic and 2 prisons in southern Africa.
Cambodia – Bridge of Hope KHM-010
- The project is currently serving 78 families, a total of 116 children, and it is growing every year.
- Eighteen children have begun their first semester at the government school, having been successfully integrated from the Bridge Of Hope.
- Two of these families have recently been able to pay their own school fees
India – Maxton Strong School Extensions IND-016
- Completion of 6 additional classrooms, 3 science labs and a computer lab over a couple of years.
- This has provided excellent classrooms for present needs and future growth.
Kazakhstan – Alcoholism KAZ-010
- Numbers are increasing with up to 20 people participating in the group
- A co-dependents group is also operating, benefitting family members, friends and employers.
Mongolia – Mobile Drop-in Centre MNG-018
- Great excitement as a van was able to be purchased, and this enables workers to drive to the sites where the homeless are and serve them hot meals, supply clothing, give them hair cuts, treat wounds and transport them to hospital when needed.
- A small support group has been formed and many of the homeless are meeting regularly in a small room.
Mongolia – Family Development Program MNG-010
- This year another 14 families and their many children have been helped with weekly meetings with organised talks, games, helpful advice in nutritious cooking, finances, health issues etc.
- Alcohol rehabilitation program has been introduced
- 3 hairdressers are training ladies so that they can obtain qualifications to gain regular and stable jobs.
South Africa – My Father’s House ZAF-010
- This is a very worthwhile yet difficult project working with ex drug addicts and vulnerable children.
- Jan Buchanan, the manager, is doing an amazing job and she has commenced giving some training in business set up to help them be self sufficient.
Sierra Leone – Waterloo School Teacher Training and Placement & Amputee Clinic SLE-011
- This project was delayed by almost 2 years because of the Ebola epidemic and floods but is now almost completed.
- Sadly the Amputee Clinic cannot be proceeded with as the company who they were to work with has pulled out of West Africa. Without their support, materials and guidance the clinic cannot continue.
Uganda – 100% h0PE Educate UGA-011
- Completed construction of second floor with 5 classrooms
- Additional land has been purchased and will be held for a secondary school in the future.
An Overview of HADA’s Finances in 2016
Our heartfelt thanks to all who have contributed finances, time and energy so that HADA might “inspire hope and encourage development.”